Saturday, May 16, 2015

Yo Soccer Ma!

I am a soccer mom.  

I am the mom on the sidelines screaming.  Yelling.  Jumping.  Cheering.  I believe I pulled a muscle today during our last soccer game of the season.


The league we played with this year is a league that focuses on good sportsmanship and therefore doesn't keep score.  

But mama keeps score.

Here are some truths about being a soccer mom:

1.  Your child's goals always count. Even if it is in the wrong goal.

2.  Family involvement in crucial.  Sporting team colors.  Sporting your player's number.  

3.  Cuteness outranks skill in a sportsmanship focused league.  As long as your child is cute going down the field, that is what matters.

4.  Stretch.  I mentioned I pulled a muscle today.  I failed to stretch.  

5.  Have a good support system.  And, no I am not talking about peer support....get it.

6.  Always yell for your team players by name.  Even if it is the wrong name.  This year we had a Cole and a Joel.  Keegan and Kingston.  By the end of the season the players knew that I would call them the wrong name and that is just a fact of life.  If they had the ball and I was yelling, they knew they were the one on the receiving end of the yell.


Here's to all soccer moms!!!!  

Run!

Scream!

Jump!

Stretch!





No comments:

Post a Comment