Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Bald Spot

We moved into our house on Saturday!  And, we made our first memory in our new house on Saturday as well!  This memory involves our three year old daughter and a bald spot that is about the size of a half dollar.





I was unpacking in one area of our house.  My husband was talking with the satellite guy in another area of our house.  Our children were playing in various other places in our house.

I was in my groove, unpacking box after box.  Our oldest son came to me with what appeared to be a rat's tail or a dead snake in his hand.  We live in the country now, so I wasn't all too surprised.  I told him that was nasty and to put it outside or in the trash.  Then the shock hit, he said "Mom, this is Reese's hair!"  

My heart all but stopped.  I felt bile rising in my throat.  I followed my oldest and found our daughter in my closet.  I have an at home foot spa that has an accessory for different tool heads and rotates.  She was holding the accessory in her hair, her hair wound around the motor.  She wasn't crying, but I did!  


Our sons both have cut their own hair, and while it frustrated me, I could buzz the hair easily enough to blend it.  Our daughter now has a huge bald spot in the middle front of her hair!  I have learned creative ways to hide the spot of missing hair.  I have to remind myself to put extra sunblock on that one part of her head!  

I have said time and again that motherhood is not for the weak or faint of heart!  This week I have put into practice what Erma Bombeck said "If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it."


No comments:

Post a Comment