Monday, May 4, 2015

Am I Six?

Today is our second child's sixth birthday!  He is a full of life, energetic, little ball of laughs.  There are many things he says and does that remind me of my grandpa, and that is so precious!  

For him, the age of six is the age of perfection.  Since I can remember, he has wanted to be six.  He has longed to be six.  Even at the beginning of the year he would start telling others he was six!  



This morning as we were talking, our conversation went like this:

Child: "Mom, am I six now?"

Me: "Yep, today's your birthday.  Your finally six!!"

Child: "Hmmmm......I don't feel like I am six."

Me:  "How is six supposed to feel?"

Child: "Different.  Like six"

Me:  "Trust me baby, you're six.  I remember clearly when you were born. You were the loudest and tiniest baby I have ever had; even the doctor and nurses said how loud you were!"

Child: "I don't think you know when I was born, I just don't feel six!"

                                                             


I don't quite know how he was expecting six to feel, but by the time he left for school I am sure I had him half way realizing that he is six.



Life lesson of the day from a six year old:  Life doesn't always feel or go the way you expected it would.  Just trust that it is going the way it is meant to!  Celebrate...even when you don't feel  six!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment