Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Are We Eating Out?

This morning I made an executive decision!  I decided to get out of bed, shower, get dressed, put on shoes, and do my hair!

I felt good.  I felt put together.  I felt ready to take on the day.


Our three year old daughter looked at me and said "Are we eating out?!"

***Big Gulp*** It hit me...mommy needs to make this executive decision more often.

I may be the only stay at home mom that goes on this crazy cycle. The cycle of taking good care of myself, to just not caring, to taking good care of myself, to just not caring, etc.  Although, I am going to guess that I am not the only one that does this.




I recently read an article from Focus on the Family about taking care of yourself as a stay at home mom.
(http://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/parenting-roles/stay-at-home-moms-taking-care-of-yourself/stay-at-home-moms-taking-care-of-yourself)


According to the article, there are seven main areas to take care of yourself.  SEVEN!  I thought the same thing, I can't even be alone for SEVEN minutes, how in the world am I going to do seven things to care for myself?!

Upon reading the article, the seven are broken down to bite size morsels.  Remember, you eat an elephant one bite at a time.

The seven points are:

  1. Take Care Of Yourself
  2. Take Care Of Your Body
  3. Take Care Of Your Mind
  4. Learn To Say "No"
  5. Prioritize
  6. Ask For Help
  7. Know Yourself
If I did each of these things for ten minutes a day (a little over an hour), then I can take care of myself daily!  An hour, I can find an hour each day to take care of myself.

How about my fellow stay at home moms, tell me how you take care of yourself!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment