Sunday, May 10, 2015

M-O-M

Today I had what I would say is the perfect Mother's Day!

Our original plans were to go to the water park after church, but as with some plans, they changed.

My family is one of the most important things to me.  In the matter of priority in my life it goes God then my family.  My husband and children complete me and they make my life so full of joy and adventure.  As with all moms, I need a break every now and then.  As with some moms, I don't remember the last time I had a break where I was able to just relax.  I am okay with that. Our oldest child is almost ten years old and our youngest is almost four years old.  If they each stay in our home until they are twenty, that is really only a few years of quality time with them. I can say without a doubt (no matter how tired I am by that time) that I spent much time with my children and made them a priority.  My calling is to be a wife and mom first, everything else can wait.

With that, all I wanted today was to hang out with my family.  I got that and a lot more!

I was given an bouquet of beautiful, bright fresh flowers by my husband and children. I love having fresh flowers in our kitchen.

At church I had the honor of sitting with one of my moms and my sister, niece, and nephew.  It was special to share Mother's Day with them. 

I made an excellent lunch (if I do say so myself), after we all got home and all ate, it was too late to go to the water park.  After much deliberation, I decided I just wanted to relax.

I have been going non-stop since Wednesday morning, and I just needed a break!  My husband took the children and they played outside from 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm, while I slept.  Snoring.  Drooling. Dreaming.  Sleep.  I guess while we were discussing what to do the rest of the day, I fell asleep! This is the best gift I could have received.  I am not a big holiday person, we give each other gifts all year and honor each other daily, that is our lifestyle; when holidays come for me it is just another day.  This however, was an excellent gift.  The gift of rejuvenation.

A few minutes after I woke up there was a knock at our door.  Where we live, people aren't just "in the neighborhood" so I was a little shocked.  When my husband answered the door there stood my mom that I shared church with this morning, my sister, my brother, and my niece and nephew.  We had an excellent visit - complete with conversation, laughing, and exploring.

Today, was the perfect Mother's Day for me.  I hope each of my fellow moms had an amazing day as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment