Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wednesday Wonderings

Spring is in the air!  I love spring!  The sun shines, the warmth is returning to the air, flowers begin to bloom, and the birds singing fills the air!  I like how Sitting Bull described spring "Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!"




One of my favorite things to do with my children this time of year is paint!  I buy small canvases from Hobby Lobby or Michaels Crafts Store and we paint.  Sometimes we have focused time painting and other times I just let them do what they will with the paint and canvas.  Last week I bought foam hats and let them decorate and paint their hats any way they wanted.  

There is something so special about having the windows open in the house, the children around the kitchen table, music in the background, and creativity happening.  There is silence from the children, but joy is in the air.  

Take time this season to enjoy spring, to allow it to foster your creativity.  Throw open your windows and say "goodbye winter blues, hello spring sun!"





No comments:

Post a Comment