Monday, March 30, 2015

Shiny Purple Bag









Around this time each year, stores start carrying my once a year addiction. I get so excited about February 15 - and I start scouring the pharmacies for them.



Purple bags full of addictive little demon eggs. Yes, the Cadburry Mini Eggs...milk chocolate eggs with a hard candy shell. Sinfully delicious. A temptation I cannot resist. Today I went to CVS to "get new mascara", but inside I knew I went there just to get a glimpse of my sordid fascination with a purple bag. To test my will-power, knowing good and well that once the shininess caught my eye I would be entrapped. I tested my willpower by walking down the aisle, and started walking by the bag...but this big bunny jumped out of the shelf, tied me by Easter grass at my hands and ankles, and said "I'm going to shank you pretty girl unless you get a bag". That's my story and I'm sticking to it.





So, I bought the candy - but only to make sure my children didn't witness the shanking of their mother at the hands of a psycho easter bunny. And I opened it. And I shoved a handful of the chocolately candy goodness into my highly salivating mouth. Jeremiah asked for a piece of candy - I mumbled through the candy "back off kid" and dribbled some chocolate saliva on my chin. Jeremiah reached for the sacred purple bag, Jonathan screamed "NO SON!! The purple bag is like the ark of the covenant, you touch it and you die".

So, I gave into the addiction and temptation. I devoured a bag of candy coated chocolate. I achieved the highest of sugar highs. I washed it down with chocolate milk. This will hold me over until my next hit.

As I store up shiny purple bags in secret places around the house, I am both thanking and cursing that rabbid rabbit and it's easter grass.

Now, I must brush my teeth and wash my mouth to hide the lingering evidence of my binge.

In purple bag gluttony.
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment