Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday Musings

Today is an amazing woman's birthday....it is my mama's birthday!  Growing up there are many fond memories of my mom and things she did with me and for me, but today, I want to highlight one special memory that often comes to my mind.

I was around the age of three or four years old and my mom was playing with me and my dolls.  It was time for her to change my brother's diaper, so of course, my baby needed to be changed too.  My mom told me to go to the room where the diapers were and to get a diaper for my brother and my baby.  I came back to the living room with diapers, mom began to change my brother as I began to change my baby.  I opened my baby's diaper and there was poop in her diaper!!  In my excitement, I exclaimed "MY BABY POOPIED!!!!!!!" Later in life I realized that the poop was actually a candy bar my mom had chewed up and put in the diaper.  Thirty years later and this memory still makes me laugh and is just a great reminder of the creativity and fun of my mom.



Happy Birthday mom.  I hope this year is the best yet!  I love you very much!

My mom right about the time she was going to give birth to me.


My mom and I enjoying the outdoors.

My mom is as beautiful today as she was over thirty years ago.

My mom and I...twinsies from the start.

My mom and I two years ago after she kicked cancer's butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment