Monday, July 29, 2013

Sweet Summer Ending

This is our last full week of summer before school starts again.  It is bitter sweet!  Two of my three children will be in school, it is weird to think about, but at the same time exciting!  A second grader and a preschooler.  The school clothes have been bought, the school supplies are in backpacks awaiting the first day of school, and a schedule is being made for the new school year.

I usually take the month before school starts to get the children on schedule for the year -  going to bed earlier, getting up earlier, breakfasts ready before time to leave, etc.  Maybe I will start this tomorrow.  We decided that 10 am was a good time to get up today, I don't think that is going to fly when school starts.  Breakfast was brunch.  We napped for three hours today.  Maybe we are not ready for school to start yet...but hey that's okay!

This has been a really great summer, I went into it worried that there would be lots of "I'm bored" being said.  We chose not to get season passes for our local water park this year, which I am so glad we did as this has been the rainiest summer.  Ever.  But, we did have an amazingly fun vacation to Universal Studios.  We had play dates at least once a week.  We had friends over for coffee about once a month.  Summer reading program at the library and a week of Vacation Bible School kept us on the go.  This has been an adventurous and fun summer.  I think I heard "I'm bored" twice, not bad!!

It's fun on summer break, being the adult and not the student.  Both of my children going to school this year are super excited.  My second grader missed his friends and I am pretty sure he missed the routine of the school day.  My preschooler is so excited about starting, every day  I answer the question if today is the day.  I am looking forward to some one on one time with my youngest child, I see some tea parties and lots of girly play dates in our future!

If your children are starting school soon, enjoy the time with them now.  Encourage them to love school.  Make it exciting for them! You can do it mama!

XOXO,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment