Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Day Three...you thought I forgot did ye!

November 3 - 


Oh no, I didn't forget!


Day Three is about my friends!  I am so thankful for my friends.  I have a great number of friends and in those friends there are varying degrees of closeness.  I am thankful to the friends that I have lost, they have taught me who I don't want to be and who I don't want to be around.




While writing this post, I am thinking specifically about the diverse demographics of my friendships.  One of my very best friends in a widow in her mid-80s.  Another one is a mom a few years older than me, our friendship took a while to come to fruition, but we found a common denominator in both having special needs children, that commonality has formed into an amazing friendship.  Another best friend is a cancer-survivor in her middle years.  I have friends who are the ones I see once in a blue moon, yet we are able to pick up like we have never been apart.  Some of my favorite memories with my friends involve us having much more fun doing normal things than what is expected.  Things like laughing until tears run down our legs.  Getting lost and making a short trip into a mini-road-trip.  Crying on each other's shoulders.  We share the biggest excitements and the deepest sorrows.  I am thankful for these types of friendships.

















I love seeing the spectrum of my friendships of acquaintances through family and friends who have become family.  There are times I get lonely, but then I think about this amazing group of people who call me friend and who I am privileged to call friend and remind myself how amazingly blessed I am.  Growing up it was difficult for me to make friends, but as an adult I find that much easier.  I have learned to hold my friends in the palm of my open hand and not to cling too tightly.  I have learned the fine art of boundaries.  And I have learned the immense joy in finding a friend who values your relationship as  much as you do.  It took me a little while to realize that not every friend would be my best friend but the different levels of friendship are valuable in their own uniqueness.




Today, think about your friends.  Send your friends a little "thank you" or "thinking about you" sometimes.  Foster and nurture your friendships.


To my friends....THANK YOU!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment