Friday, April 10, 2015

Where Everyone Knows Your Name

The theme song from the television show "Cheers" is becoming a theme song of sorts for my life.  The song talks about going to a place where everyone knows your name.

This is the story of our life and the ER.  We made our monthly visit to the ER this week.  I am pretty sure they are going to designate a room just for our family soon.  We go to the ER so often, it feels like a family reunion when we walk in.  

This week's visit was humorous, after the fact.  After I picked up our two oldest children from school, I decided to treat myself for surviving another day and went to Starbucks.  As we were in the line waiting for my cup of heavenly goodness, my youngest starts saying "Uh oh!  My gum!  My gum! Up nose!"  I ask her if she stuck the gum up her nose.  Yes, she did and she proudly showed me which nostril it went up.  After I got my cup of my source of life, I pulled over and tried to get her to blow her nose.  To no avail, that little booger, errr I mean gum, was stuck up there.  I googled various things to do, which were all quite terrifying.  So, I ended up giving our pediatrician a phone call.  Once again, I am sure the receptionists recognize my voice as soon as they answer the phone.  I explained to the receptionist that my child lodged a wad of chewed up gum up her nose and I can't get it out.  I was advised to my child to the ER.  

I went to the ER with the gum nosed child and my two other children in tow.  We signed in and within two minutes were called back to triage.  As I explained what had happened, both the nurse and doctor looked at me humorously and said they haven't seen that before.  The doctor did an examination and I found out why my daughter couldn't blow the gum out of her nose.  It went through her nose and down her throat!!!!  Instead of me being worried she would have gum lodged in her brain, now every time she passes gas she blows a bubble!

No comments:

Post a Comment