Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Horrible Awful No Good Very Bad Mom

Today I was a horrible awful no good very bad mom.

I was tired.

I was grumpy.

I had a headache.

I am in immense need of a-l-o-n-e time.

My patience is short, my to-do list is long, and my exhaustion is winning.

I am certain that if I had a performance appraisal of being a mom, today I would be less than satisfactory.

On the way to soccer practice tonight, I was silently berating myself.  I was taking deep breaths.  I was trying to give myself a pep talk.

My oldest child said in a quiet voice, "Mom, I drew a picture of you."

I imagined the picture would be that of a fire breathing chimera like creature.

I looked and the picture was of a very muscular woman holding up a huge fire breathing dragon.  Around the woman were the words "SUPER MOM".






The picture is beautiful.

It shows the grace and forgiveness of children.

It shows that even though today, in my eyes, I was a horrible awful no good very bad mom; in my children's eyes I was still super mom.

Today I was a worn out version of the usual fun-loving, patient, memory making, and caring mom that I generally am.

Tomorrow is another day.

Tonight, I will go to bed knowing that in my children's eyes, I am still Super Mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment